Tuesday, January 16, 2024

10 (11) Spaces

 For this post I have a variety of things...


Your eyes do not deceive you. My first space is in Minecraft. I wanted to make something that felt adventurous and calming at the same time. I think I did alright. This made me think a lot about getting the the perspective of the audience as good as I can. How am I going to build this so that it develops a curtain feeling. Hopefully you feel it too.


Doors in Europe. When I went there I got obsessed with how some of the doors looked. I love old looking and heavy wood doors. These fit the bill. I also think the wall around the door has a lot to do with how the image rounds itself out. These spaces are very satisfying to look at.

Caught the light in the con looking very green and very beautiful on this day. Spaces are always very interesting with some pretty and dramatic lighting. 

This is a picture of the Wriston Auditorium without any lights on. Just the one at the entrance. I love dark/dim rooms. This one takes the cake. If you really put your mind to it, you feel like you're in a scene from The Incredibles.

Just a bonus picture


Walking around campus on a random Wednesday at 1 am. I find some very interesting spots with interesting lighting. Also when you're that tired you tend to do things slowly and space out, the perfect concoction for a picture like this. 

A picture of my normal painting station back home. This space is a little snippet of a chill day. The long socks and slippers are essential when creating a priceless masterpiece. 


I always miss Colorado when it's Winter in Wisconsin. I thought these two spaces provided some of the variety you can find in that beautiful state. Niko is featured in the forest picture. I don't know what the mountain goat's name is but I don't think they would've given me a coherent answer if I had asked. 



I Love tables. Round tables and long tables. It makes me think of council meetings and shit. This is my favorite room in Memorial and the light looked nice today. 


Quick bonus: Whenever I walk through the library I get so excited to walk through a nice dark isle and look at cool books, then my dreams are crushed when the motion lights come on. I wanted us all to experience this dark library hallway. This is an interesting depth in a space that I would like to further look into. 

Thank you!











2 comments:

  1. The Minecraft image is honestly probably one of the best ones to work with for an installation. There's so many things to build with all the space available, and there's no limit to anything being built!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved seeing images of your night walks around campus! It's fun to see how those spaces transform, how the shadows take over, when the rest of the world is sleeping.

    ReplyDelete

Final Installation

 My final project was an installation on maps; although it would not look that way on first glance. the work is about creatively generating ...