Sunday, January 21, 2024

Kayla Bauer

I thought Kayla Bauer’s talk and her art was very relatable. The way she spoke and the way she

described her experience as she took these photos was what spoke to me the most. I was very

glad to hear that she experiments and works in multiple mediums. She isn’t just a photographer

even though that seems to be her base. It was nice to hear that she participates in other art

mediums to clear her mind. To refresh the slate. That seems like something I will want to keep

in mind as I move forward in the next set of years. 

I also like that her photos had a lot of personality in them. I can tell that this person likes pink just

by looking at her portfolio. It’s nice that she spoke about photographing what she wanted rather than

what seemed the most “serious” for serious photographers. Her work is a great example of how

interests like stuffed animals and animated tv shows can be seen under a serious artist lens just as

much as anything else.



This was my favorite photo of her's. The framing and the concept of pink as she brought up in her talk 
just made me see this as a magnum opus of her's.


A couple others that I liked a lot. Especially after her explanations.






1 comment:

  1. I found myself relating a lot to her usage of multi-medias and how ultimately this all worked to capture what she wanted too. I can't wait to see what you produce in the future!!!

    ReplyDelete

Final Installation

 My final project was an installation on maps; although it would not look that way on first glance. the work is about creatively generating ...