Tuesday, February 13, 2024

Mock-up

For this mock-up I first sought out to find some spots on campus that I thought would be a good place for my installation. I wanted to find a spot that people would walk by. Something easily accessible and possibly in a place that would encourage people to stop for a moment and mess with the installation. I though Wriston would be the best place because it has a couple nooks but it also has students who hang out a little bit. Finding a spot where students and faculty would be passing by and standing around to talk seems like a good place. The 1st and 3rd picture seem like the most space for an installation. I could find a pretty large table and set it all up there. 







This is a quick drawing of what it would look like from the top and the side. I want to loosely paint on card board with glued attached to it. Then put up a sign that directs the participant to move the tiles around in any way they want. I am also still considering another 3D element like little toys or small shapes.




1 comment:

  1. Seeing how small the spaces are, I feel like you could install multiple projects in these areas. Especially if one person visits all three, they can move a piece from one area to another area and create invisible strings for this. I'd encourage the use of 3D elements

    ReplyDelete

Final Installation

 My final project was an installation on maps; although it would not look that way on first glance. the work is about creatively generating ...